Monday, December 8, 2014

Journal making class

I love teaching smaller workshops! Yesterday, Vita and her granddaughter Rachel, learned to make personal journals. Originally, I offered the Le Petit Journal class, to make tiny 2x3" mini books. But both Vita and Rachel wanted larger journals to write in. So I practiced in the morning and figured out the techniques for the larger journals, and we were all so happy with the results. Basically, it's the same technique as the small books, just LOTS more paper! First we dyed the paper with a coffee soak, then ironed them dry. Made for a beautiful, antiquity look. We used my little 'Zutter' to deckle the edges of the papers. Made for really nice, chunky books.




I'll take some close ups when I unpack today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you