Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Finding PEACE in the storm...

Good morning friends.... I posted this over on my Prayer Crone blog... and feel strongly enough about it to repost it here. I know, I usually post about my art activities. But the wisdom here, is at the very core of me. At least it's what I WANT to have at my inner core....

Finding the calm in stormy times...

Today's Daily Word should have been read last night! Just before retiring, I got the news that one of our renters gave notice and that the attendance for the workshop this weekend is very low. I had great news yesterday too. I was invited to do a workshop at our local metaphysical store. 
   But, I let the agitation overwhelm me... and I couldn't drift off to sleep. Well, here are the words that really speak to my inner core:
At the core of my being, I find peace.
We are told that Jesus didn’t fret about the storms in his life. He remained confident and denied them any power. In the same way, I say, Peace, be still, to any storms in my life. I deny them any power over me.
In the midst of a tumultuous situation, I turn within, close my eyes, and observe my emotions. I notice any restlessness in me and whisper to it: Peace, be still. I focus on my breathing and feel the storm dissipate. By tapping in to the peace at the core of my being, I find the calm strength necessary to meet challenges and overcome difficulties as Jesus did.
Right and perfect solutions come, and all things work together for good. Even in stormy times, I am at peace, and all is well.
He woke up and rebuked the wind and the raging waves; they ceased, and there was a calm.—Luke 8:24
 
Well, if Jesus didn't fret over the storms in his life... isn't that a good model for myself? Turning within, I can whisper to myself: Peace, be still. I can focus on my breathing, tapping into the peace that is truly at the core of my being, finding the calm I so deeply desire. 
I am grateful for these powerful words of wisdom.
God Bless and Namaste...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you