Sunday, January 19, 2014

Newest Spirit Doll Faces...

Okay.. I keep jumping from one side of my studio to the other, from the sewing center to the crafting/painting area. So yesterday, while I finished up the 'Gathered Prayers' lacy book, I also painted the finishing touches on the group of newly molded Spirit Doll faces and listed them in my Etsy shop. Customers have asked for more specific colors. So using my wonderful Stewart Gill paints, this is the result. Each face has at least six layers of color glazing, all rather iridescent, with greens, blues, purples, and golds showing through. I just love making them, and I love the way they turn out.



I'll tell you more about this last grouping later in the week. (hint, hint: I'm giving them away!)
One last thing... I've decided to sell my set of Copic Markers. They are pretty high-end for my graphic art or journaling needs. They are for sale on Ebay if you're interested.



1 comment:

  1. I love your faces! I think the part I like best is that they aren't 'perfect'...there is so much character to each one and most of that comes from the ragged edges and little bumps and twirls. A lot like faces are in real life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!
Sweet Blessings and Big Love to you